If you would like to contact us to say hi, network, product reviews, advertisement opportunity, please email us at gogumaadventures@gmail.com. We'd love to hear from you!!
RSS

Thursday, July 4, 2013

First Birthday Party Preparations

It's hard to believe that just a year ago I was hot, waddling, hungry, carrying an 8.5lbs baby and gained 55 lbs. In short, I was miserable. Now, i'm planning his first birthday party. Oh, how time flies! I thought that what better way to celebrate Jacob's first birthday than to have a picnic party. I've decided that his theme is going to be Teddy Bear Picnic.

My son is Korean/Filipino. So I wanted to incorporate both cultures. For both Koreans and Filipino, first birthday is a big deal. Historically, a lot of children died before they reached their first birthday. So when they did, the entire village celebrated and it becomes a huge feast called doljanchi. For Filipinos, to be honest, I think is just a chance to get together, eat a LOT of food and just party.

So for Jacob's birthday, my sister in law is buying him a hanbok. This is Korea's traditional attire. I am excited to see him wear it. I am pretty sure he will be adorable.



These are his dol towers that are part of his table centerpieces. The one right below is his Korean name, Heemin. My friend and I are making ours because these typically runs around $60-$100. It's pretty easy to make but definitely takes up a lot of time. The second dol tower is a picture of a dragon because he was born last year during the year of the dragon.


Here are his invites! I bought them from etsy. I received them just 4 days after I placed my order. The quality is amazing. I'm so happy that I decided to just have her print them out. They were so high quality that I will definitely recommend her to all my friends. If you want to visit her etsy shop, please click here. She has plenty of cute designs and she is definitely one of my favorite vendors that I have ever worked with.

I can't wait for his party. We are so excited to celebrate our son's first birthday with our families and friends. I know that all this planning will be worth it. I just hope and pray that it doesn't rain or that will completely ruin the entire party.

Read Comments
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

Tina B said...

Looks like it's going to be fun!
I remember planning my daughter's first birthday. We went with a luau theme. She just turned 6 a few weeks ago. Time really DOES fly!

Anonymous said...

How was the party? It looks like it will be fun.
will comment back ~ thanks www.oldfashionmom.blogspot.com

yonca said...

Looks like the party was fun! Have a great week!

Lacy said...

First Birthday parties are so wonderful! What a great dragon!

April Ko said...

Thank you for the comments ladies! It's finally this Saturday and we can't wait!!

Post a Comment